- Six coats of fresh varnish (le Tonkinois, of course) in the Spring
- Finished Stuart's Little in time for my trip north
- Departed for my trip north to rendezvous with Terry Noreault for a trip through the Gulf Islands and Princess Louisa Inlet on July 5. Seattle -- Port Townsend -- Friday Harbor -- Bedwell Harbor -- Princess Cove -- Nanaimo -- Jedediah Island -- Lasquetti Island -- Smuggler's Cove -- Pender Harbor -- Thunder Bay -- Princess Louisa Inlet -- Powell River -- Pender Harbor -- Mayne Island -- Roche Harbor -- Lopez Island -- Coupeville -- Edmonds -- Seattle.
- I learned a tremendous amount on this trip, from sailing with Terry and from the variety of conditions and how Ripple and her skipper responded to them.
- The trip was terrific in many ways, including the good fun of sailing with Terry (he on Sailmates, me on Ripple)
- The Wooden Boat Festival in Port Townsend. Great to see old friends and meet a few new ones.